SABC Madepossiblebyyou FAQ
SABC Made possible by you FAQ
SABC #Madepossiblebyyou FAQ
- What is #Madepossiblebyyou?
A campaign that will search for twelve unique stories from across the country to reflect how the programming by SABC has affected the lives of everyday people in a bid to encourage South Africans to pay their TV licences.
- When does the campaign start?
Monday 4 November 2019
- When is the closing date?
Monday 25 November 2019
- How can people enter?
Send a video of not more than 1 minute via WhatsApp of yourself telling us about your SABC experience in your home language.
Send the clip to: 079 504 3170 and type in:
- Name & surname
- Home language
- Phone number (if the number you are using is not yours)
- Email address (if you have one)
- Who is allowed to enter?
All South Africans of ages ranging from 14 years upwards. * Minors need parent or legal guardian approval.
- Which languages can be used in the video?
Any of the 11 South African official languages can be used in the video.
- What age must you be to enter?
14 years upwards. *Minors need parental guardian approval.
- How long must the video be?
- What if the video is longer than 1 minute?
It will be disqualified
- Can you submit a video using someone else’s phone?
Yes you can. You must remember to type in your phone number with the other details when you send your video clip.
- Can you submit a video on someone else’s behalf?
Yes you can. You must remember to type in their information when you send the video clip.
- What happens if I get selected?
You will be contacted by the production team and formerly informed. They will also do a brief phone interview to get to know you better.
- How do I know if my video is not selected
If you don’t hear from the team after 6 weeks of sending your entry, consider it unsuccessful.
- What do I win?
If your story is selected as part of the final 12, it be recorded and broadcast on SABC TV and radio stations.
- Will I get paid?
No. There is no payment for these stories. But you will get the opportunity to appear on Radio and Television
- How many stories will be selected in the end?
12 stories will be selected